Director of Business Development
Applications are now closed for this position.
Horizon37 are looking for a Director of Business Development to join our dynamic team of coaches and brilliant business folks.
The coaching market is large and growing rapidly – a $2.849bn global market in 2019, up 21% from 2015. Our market niche, leadership coaching in scale-up businesses in the UK, is growing even more quickly. 47% of scale-up leaders surveyed in the 2019 Scale-up Institute review want to develop senior team leadership skills.
We find ourselves profitable, and with strong demand for the programmes we offer. We are ready to invest in our growth, and for the first time we will bring on a sales lead who is not primarily a coach.
Horizon37 delivers leadership coaching to rapidly growing businesses and their leaders.
We have a simple and recognised value proposition, delivering two types of coaching programme for:
(a) groups of CEOs (“Transform Together”) and
(b) executive teams (“Discover, Align, Transform”);
who are leading the transition from start-up business to scale-up.
We are currently a team of 11 (a mixture of employees and contractors), including coaches (leading delivery and programmes) and our back-office (who are called the “Dynamo Team”.)
We are very specialised with cutting-edge programmes, products and tools to support our mission. Our customer base, pipeline and sales process are also robust.
We partner with VCs and Institutions who convene cohorts of participants for our Transform Together programmes and recommend teams for our Discover, Align, Transform programmes.
Since we were founded in 2017, investors and founders in the Cambridge ecosystem have embraced and championed our pacey and transformational approach to leadership coaching programmes. Over the years we have refined our market niche and focus, and expanded geographically – building a strong customer base in the London and Oxford markets.
Above all, WE ARE VALUABLE
- Results matter most, we make a difference in your business
- Our work is outstanding quality and we are cutting-edge experts
- You have existing momentum, let’s build on what’s working
- Insight and understanding come first, to inform and adapt our coaching
- We do what we say we will
- We challenge and work at pace
- We can be trusted, we protect confidentiality and always choose to “do the right thing”
- We have positive intent and your interests at heart
- We create safe, confidential environments to create robust, explorative and co-creating relationships
- Sell £1m of Discover, Align, Transform and Transform Together programmes to scale-up leaders/their investors in your first year in role.
- Build the impact and credibility of Horizon37.
You will be supported by:
- Proven and well-defined products to sell.
- Defined target customers who appreciate our value proposition.
- Established sales management process and system (from lead to signed contract).
- Leads identified by Horizon37 Analyst.
- Marketing collateral (including programme brochures, impact testimonials, insight).
- Outstandingly clear and practical standard contract and contracting process.
- Enthusiasm to embody the Horizon37 Customer Promise (see above)
- Knowledge about how the innovation/growth business ecosystem works to be able to prioritise and choose target customers that we can be most valuable for
- Credibility and drive to connect with target customers (e.g. bringing a relevant specialist expertise)
- Ability to listen to customer needs and link to Horizon37 Value Proposition
- Ability to close deals
Bonus points if you have:
- Direct investment experience in venture capital or private equity
- Track record of selling to innovation/growth businesses
- Already connected with a relevant network for lead generation
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of leadership, and coaching as an enabler of it
- Appealing and likeable as a presenter over video
- Our ideal start date is September 2021, but we are more concerned with the right candidate than the timing
- OTE £100k pro rata (£50k base salary, plus performance-related bonus capped at £250k)
- Take Fridays off – as a business we don’t work on Fridays
- Work remotely, with some travel required depending on business needs
- Team connection days
- Three month probationary period
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV to Hannah Alexander. Closing date 21 July 2021.